It takes 21h 14m and costs $65 to get from Andros Island to Key Largo without a car. The best mode of transportation is via boat, auto ferry, and shuttle.
- 1 How do you get to Andros Island from Florida?
- 2 How do you get to Andros Island from the US?
- 3 Does anyone live on Andros Island?
- 4 How do you get to South Andros Island Bahamas?
- 5 How long is the flight from Florida to South Andros Island?
- 6 Can you fly directly to South Andros Island?
- 7 How much is a ferry from Nassau to Andros?
- 8 Does Andros Island have an airport?
- 9 Where do you fly into for Andros Bahamas?
- 10 Do I need a passport to go to the Bahamas?
- 11 Is Andros Island safe?
- 12 Where is the Tongue of the Ocean located?
- 13 How much does it cost to stay at Caerula Del Mar?
- 14 Is Andros Bahamas safe?
- 15 Can you stay at the renovation island resort?
How do you get to Andros Island from Florida?
There are three modes of transportation available from Florida to Andros Island: bus, ferry, vehicle ferry, and airline.
- The bus will take you from Jacksonville to Hollywood. You will then take the boat from Fort Lauderdale Cruise Terminal to Freeport Harbour. You will then take the auto ferry from Freeport Harbour to Nassau. The boat from Potter’s Cay Dock to Mastic Point is a good option.
How do you get to Andros Island from the US?
There are a couple different ways to go to this location:
- Fly to Nassau, then take a short boat ride to Andros. Flight from Fort Lauderdale to Andros
- charter flight from Fort Lauderdale to Andros Private pilots may fly straight to Fresh Creek, Andros, from anywhere in the world. Alternatively, you might board a ferry from Nassau. For further information, please see the section below…
Does anyone live on Andros Island?
One of the world’s biggest barrier reefs is located just off the east coast of the United States. Nicholls Town, Andros Town, and Kemps Bay are the principal towns on the island’s east coast, and the inhabitants prefer to live in scattered communities. Andros has a tiny population and relatively minor tourism, and the people tend to live in scattered villages.
How do you get to South Andros Island Bahamas?
The Makers Air shuttle service from Fort Lauderdale, Florida is the most convenient method to go to South Andros Island. The 10-seat jet will transport you to Congo Town International Airport, which is located on the island, in around an hour. The Hyatt Centric Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale is a great place to stay the night before your travel if you have an early morning departure.
How long is the flight from Florida to South Andros Island?
The flight distance between Orlando – Florida and South Andros, Bahamas is 1,050 miles (2,000 kilometers). The distance between these two airports is 374 miles by air travel (602 kilometres). The direct trip will take around 1 hour and 19 minutes.
Can you fly directly to South Andros Island?
There is just one domestic aircraft to South Andros, and it connects the island to the capital of the Bahamas, Nassau. Jetways airlines provide direct flights from Nassau to many destinations around the world.
How much is a ferry from Nassau to Andros?
The shortest method to go from Nassau to Andros Island is to take a vehicle ferry, which costs an average of 62 USD and takes 4 hours to travel between the two destinations.
Does Andros Island have an airport?
Andros Town Airport, also known as Andros Town International Airport (IATA: ASD, ICAO: MYAF), is a small airport on the island of Andros in the Bahamas that serves the town of Andros.
Where do you fly into for Andros Bahamas?
On the island of Andros, there are two airports: San Andros International Airport (SAQ) and Nassau International Airport (NAS) (NAS).
Do I need a passport to go to the Bahamas?
When going to The Bahamas, U.S. residents are normally required to provide a valid U.S. passport as well as documentation demonstrating their intention to exit from The Bahamas before entering. Tourists from the United States who come to visit will not require a visa for stays up to 90 days. All other tourists will require a visa and/or a work permit in addition to their passport.
Is Andros Island safe?
The Andros Beach Club and South Andros Island are both safe and COVID-friendly destinations in the Caribbean. South Andros Island is a safe place to travel to on your next vacation. South Andros has a population of less than 1,500 individuals who live along a 35-mile stretch of seaside road.
Where is the Tongue of the Ocean located?
The Tongue of the Ocean is a deep water basin in the Bahamas that is bounded on three sides by a carbonate bank known as the Great Bahama Bank. It is located on the east, west, and south sides by the Great Bahama Bank. Compared to the shallow turquoise waters of the neighboring Bank, the Tongue’s deep blue water offers a startling contrast.
How much does it cost to stay at Caerula Del Mar?
For clubhouse suites, prices range from $385 to $755 per night; for villas, prices range from $625 to $1,715 per night. A minimum of three nights is required when making a reservation at the Caerula Mar Club. But to truly relax and unwind in the setting of one of your favorite HGTV shows? That’s something else entirely. Priceless.
Is Andros Bahamas safe?
The neighboring islands (such as the Abacos, Andros, Eleuthera, and Exumas – colloquially known as Family Islands or Out Islands) are typically safer than Nassau and New Providence, with little serious crime happening on the island of New Providence.
Can you stay at the renovation island resort?
It turned out that they will be able to re-open its doors in October 2020 after all. Those interested in visiting the beachside resort on South Andros Island may now do so by visiting CaerulaMar.com and making a reservation for their stay. If you want assistance or are organizing an event, you may submit a request using the guest services form.